Sunday, March 6, 2011

Woori Jib and Nice Mart

FINALLY, my craving for Korean food has been satisfied. Thanks too my cousins who took me with them while waiting for our other older cousins. The spontaneous Korean dinner became our unofficial pre-game for another infamous soul searching/family bonding/epic drinking session which usually lasts until 5am. 



Mind you, I have been craving for authentic Korean food much like my beloved Honey Pig Restaurant in Annandale, Virginia since I got back to the Philippines in May 2010.


 



Off we went to WOORI JIB, an authentic Korean Restaurant along Kalayaan Avenue in Quezon City. We ordered quite a bit despite the fact that we were already full after munching on the free appetizers. Mmmm. Free appetizers consisted of kimchi, bean sprouts, tofu, pickled radish among others. All of which I believe are refillable too! YUM.


There was one dish that evening that I was really curious to try, Kimbap, mostly because I wasn't able to try it in Honey Pig. Those rolls were really yummy and we devoured them really quickly too! Its like any ordinary Maki Roll stuffed with rice, pork and veggies. This one however didn't need wasabi or soy sauce to go with it. We ordered a lot but I failed to document everything because I was busy enjoying the yummyness of everything that was infront of me. I don't even remember the names of the food that we ordered! I just remember that it was spicy and yummy and immaculate. I am seriously having hunger-pains as I write this. I guess this means that I need to go back again --- SOON. My birthday perhaps?








After stuffing ourselves up in Woori Jib, we then made our way to the nearby Korean Grocery called Nice Mart which was just around the corner to enjoy some ice cream. I was torn between the cheesecake ice cream, mochi, red bean popsicle and almost everything else in that freezer. However, I decided to go for the "fish ice cream" which at first really baffled me. Why would you want to eat fish ice cream? Seriously. Sounds nasty right? Apparently it was just called "fish ice cream" because of its shape. 

When you take it out of its wrapper you're greeted by this fish shaped wafer exterior. I decided to have a photo-op and gave it a lil kiss on the lips just for kicks. The wafer tastes like your normal ice cream cone, nothing special about it except that it keeps you from making a total mess as you normally would with any other ice cream sandwich. Then theres the silky vanilla ice cream with the sudden sweet surprise of the mashed red beans. 



YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!




Woo Ri Jib is located on Kalayaan Ave., Quezon City. If you're coming from the Elliptical Road, it's in between V. Luna and Matalino streets and a few blocks past Adarna Food & Culture restaurant. Private rooms are available on the second floor, for a minimum of Php2,000 order. Woo Ri Jib is open until 10PM

No comments:

Post a Comment